After reading numerous books on vegetarianism, veganism, health and wellness, and sustainable living, I’m considering going vegan…again. I say “again” because I’ve experimented with veganism before. I got the idea from a PETA website where you can take a pledge to be vegan for 30 days. Even though I’d been vegetarian on and off for the past 15 years (16 now), I thought that sounded like a good amount of time since going vegan forever didn’t sound like something I was ready for at that point. I made it for a couple weeks and then gave in. I think it was because I didn't prepare myself well and simply didn’t have the right recipes. I looove food! So, if I am going to commit to being vegan, then it better be tasty! I also need recipes that are easy, healthy, and can be made with recognizable ingredients.
Over the last couple of weeks, I have been experimenting with some vegan recipes, and have found a few that are pretty darn good by anyone's standard. Even my fiancé, an omnivore, thinks they are delicious!
Will I make it this time as a vegan? We'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment